These type of Items contains a legendary and powerful form of Power. You can encounter them during your adventure, but they are among the most difficult Items to find in the game. Therefore, look at their strong magical abilities twice, before you consider discarding them.
- You can find Unique versions of Normal, Exceptional or Elite items. However, there is not a Unique Item available for every item type.
- Some Unique Items feature their own special art, while some others look like regular items but with a slightly different color.
- Unique Items are based on Normal, Exceptional or Elite items. Thus, they follow the same range of Damage and Defense numbers. The Defense on Armor and the ranges of the Magical abilities can vary though.
- The Unique Items can be Ethereal as well. This means that this kind of Uniques will grant additional Damage or Defense and you can only use them as long as they have enough Durability. Note that you can insert a Zod Rune (Indestructible) in an Ethereal Unique Item in order to use them for a long time. Moreover, these Items don’t lose durability while you have them equipped on your mercenaries.
- You can socket a Unique Item using the 1st quest reward in Act 5. You can insert Runes, Gems or Jewels in Unique Items in order to make them even more powerful. However, Unique Items can only have 1 socket, (with a few exceptions). Therefore, it is impossible to complete a Rune Word using a Unique Item.
- Same as all the Items in Diablo 2, each Unique item has Level Requirements.
- It is possible to gamble a Unique Item. The chances are extremely low though.
- Some Unique Items are very rare and very hard to find. You should keep them or trade them with other very rare items.
- Uniques can have special magical bonuses that you cannot find on regular Rare or Magic items.
- The Weapon Speeds shown on the item are not equal to the total Weapon Speed. It is the speed of the base weapon. In order to figure out the total speed of the Weapon, you have to combine the Items with Increased Attack Speed, the base Weapon speed, and your character’s class.
- Often, the Weapon Damage does not exactly match up with the percent of Enhanced Damage that appears on the Unique items.
- You can find a Unique Item if you have it already. However, the exact same Unique cannot appear more than once from Chests or Monsters in each game
Where can you find a Unique Item?
You can find these kind of items can only with a Battle.net Ladder Character and TCP/IP, Single Player, and Open Battle.net Characters. This means it’s impossible to find a Unique Item with a Normal Battle.net Realm Character.
The Rarest Unique Items
Below there is a list of the probably hardest to find items In Diablo 2. The list is from the least rare to the rarest items:
- Shadow Dancers
- Death’s Fathom
- Griffon’s Eye
- Wisp Projector
- The Grandfather
- Crown of Ages
- Mang Song’s Lesson
- The Cranium Basher
- Tyrael’s Might