The Sorceress class is able to deal high elemental damage and also ranged AoE attacks. She performs great against large groups of monsters, but she isn’t used often for her teamwork. Due to the other classes’ elemental resistances, Sorceress deals lower amounts of damage in PvP combat, but still, she remains one of the best classes in PvP. This is thanks to her ability to move rapidly or teleport across the map, in combination with her ranged attacks. As a result, she is ideal for Hit-and-Run tactics. Below is a list of Diablo 2 Sorceress builds.
Common Sorceress builds
- Blizzard Sorceress: Depends on Cold Spells, with the Blizzard spell as the main skill. With the proper equipment, it’s a fearsome build for PvP fights. The right combination of teleport and cold spells can be proved fatal for her enemies.
- Blizzball Sorceress: Same as the Meteorb build, this one focuses on Fire as well as Cold Spells. The main skills are the Fire Ball and the Blizzard spell. It’s strong versus all enemy types.
- Chain Lightning Sorceress: Based on Lightning Spells. The primary skill is the Chain Lightning.
- Enchantress: Based on the Enchant spell, usually combined with Shiver Armor or Energy Shield.
- Fire Ball Sorceress: Depends on the leveling up of Fire Ball, Fire Mastery, and other fire skills, as they increase the Fire Ball damage and bonuses. It seems to have the higher damage output of all Sorceress builds. Although the build can bring destruction from miles away, its weakness lies to high Fire resistance, because it spends almost all the points in Fire skills.
- Fire Wall Sorceress: Relies on the Fire Wall spell, with another Lightning or Cold spell as a secondary skill.
- Frozen Orb Sorceress: Depends on the use of Cold Spells, with Frozen Orb to be the main skill. Thanks to this skill’s great AoE, this build is the most common in PvP. On the other hand, it has lower damage output compared to other builds, but most sustainability, due to Energy Shield as the secondary skill.
- Melee Sorceress: Based on a combination of Enchant spell and Lightning Mastery.
- Meteorb Sorceress: Relies on both Cold and Fire Spells. The primary skills are the Meteor and the Frozen Orb.
From the above Diablo 2 Sorceress builds, the most popular and probably the most effective in both multi and single-player are the Blizzard, Frozen Orb, and Fire Ball Sorceress. Also, almost all builds use the Teleport and Energy Shield skills, for maneuverability and protection.
Builds such as Chain Lightning or Blizzard Sorceress heavily depend on mana synergies. They place almost all of their points into Lightning and Cold spells respectively, in order to maximize the damage of their main skills.
In opposite, builds like Frozen Orb, Fire Wall, Enchant or Thunder Storm have almost no synergies. This allows them to use their primary spells in combination with other spells.
Among the three elemental build types, the strongest one is probably the Cold Spells Sorceresses, because the Cold Mastery provides Cold Resistance based on percentage.
Lightning Sorceresses are weaker due to the longer casting time of their spells. In addition, their total damage output is unreliable (1-1900), despite the fact that the maximum possible damage per hit is higher than the other types.