The Smiter is a Paladin build that relies on the Smite skill. Smite is an attack that always hits and stuns the target.
Smiter Build Skills
Regarding the skill points distribution, there are two popular ways of playing as a Smiter:
- Stock Smiter: This version invests 20 points in Smite and also in the following skills:
- Holy Shield: Apart from its defensive bonuses, this skill increases Smite’s damage as well.
- Defiance: It’s an optional skill as it increases only your defense and not the Smite’s damage
- The 5th skill is depending on your choice. One recommended option is to spend points on Vengeance in order to deal with physical immune monsters.
- One PointSmiter: This version of the build only spends one single point in Smite and invests 20 points in the skills below:
- Holy Shield: It’s the Smite’s synergy.
At this point, you will have spent 47 points, so there will be 63 points remaining.
There aren’t any other skills required for this kind of Smiter. Thus, you’ll have enough points to merge with another Paladin build.
Some of the most popular options are:
- Max out Vengeance and invest points in Resist Auras (Cold, Fire, and Lightning) to deal with physical immune enemies. In addition, Resist Fire, Cold and Lightning have the benefit of increasing the maximum resistances.
- Max out Blessed Hammer. Vigor and Blessed Aim. This way you will have a viable Hammerdin, with a one-point Concentration. In order to be able to cast Blessed Hammer, you have to get Heart of the Oak available in your inventory.
- Max out Zeal and Sacrifice. However, this route seems like a Zealot build rather than a Smiter.
- Max out Fists of the Heavens and Conviction.
- Max out Holy Shock, Resist Lightning, and either Vengeance or Salvation for Lightning smite damage.
Smiter Build Equipment
- Weapon: Last Wish or Grief
- Armor: Chains of Honor or Enigma
- Shield: Exile or Herald of Zakarum. Zakarum is preferable because it increases further Smite’s damage and it provides higher resistances. Exile is better in the case you use Steelrends instead of Dracul’s Grasp, for the life tap effect.
- Helmet: Guillaume’s Face or Crown of Ages
- Gloves: Steelrends or Dracul’s Grasp
- Boots: Gore Rider
- Rings: Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band, Raven Frost or rares with health bonus
- Amulet: Highlord’s Wrath
- Belt: Verdungo’s Hearty Cord
You should equip a Raven Frost Ring or place a Cham Rune into your Crown of Ages in order to prevent freezing.
Smiter Build Stats
Strength: Invest enough points here so you can equip your endgame items.
Dexterity: It’s recommended to spend enough points until you reach the maximum block chance (75%)
Vitality: This is an important attribute, so invest all the remaining points in your Life Pool.
Energy: Keep your Energy at the base. You shouldn’t face mana problems at higher levels.