The Explosionmancer or Explomancer is a Diablo 2 Necromancer build that relies on the skill Corpse Explosion.
- Corpse Explosion is an extremely powerful spell as it can deal massive amounts of damage to groups of monsters.
- It’s a very effective build for multiplayer games (PvE).
- The build isn’t so strong at early stages of the game.
- It isn’t so powerful for solo games. This is because it relies on its party to kill the first enemy, so you can cast Corpse Explosion on it.
Explosionmancer Build Skills
Your main skills that need 20 points are the following:
Amplify Damage: The Corpse Explosion spell deals 50% physical damage and 50% fire damage. The Amplify Damage spell increases your physical damage +100%, thus it increases the total Corpse Explosion damage by 50%. The more points you invest in it the more its radius increases. This allows you to cast the curse on the enemies that you can’t even see, so it’s recommended to max out this skill.
Corpse Explosion: After an enemy has fallen, cast the Corpse Explosion spell on its corpse. This will deal area of effect damage to all monsters around the corpse. The damage dealt equals to 70-120% of the corpse’s life.
Golem Mastery: This skill will provide a lot of sustainability to your golem, which acts as your tank.
You have better to invest your remaining points to your defensive skills such as Bone Armor, Fire Golem, and their synergies. Take a look below:
- Clay Golem: Spend a skill as a prerequisite for your Fire Golem
- Blood Golem: 1 point, same as Clay Golem
- Iron Golem:1 point as a prerequisite
- Fire Golem: This is the best option out of your Golems because it has the greatest life pool in Hell Mode and it absorbs fire damage (45%)
- Golem Mastery: 20 points
- Summon Resist: Spending 3 skill points here will grant you 39% resist. At higher levels, the returns are diminishing.
Poison and Bone Spells
- Teeth: Spend a skill point as a prerequisite for Corpse Explosion
- Corpse Explosion: 20 skill points, It’s your main attack.
- Bone Armor: This skill can protect you from a lot of damage. You will benefit more if you spend only1 skill point into it and focus more on its synergies.
- Bone Wall: Max out this skill (20 points) because it will boost a lot your Bone Armor.
- Bone Spear: Place a point. It serves as a prerequisite.
- Bone Prison: Invest about 10 points here, because it boosts your Bone Armor.
- Amplify Damage:Invest 20 skill points as it increases a lot the Corpse Explosion’s damage.
Explosionmancer Build Equipment
- Α Basewans with White Runeword: +1 Decreptify, +3 Bone Spear, +1 Attract.
- Switch: Lidless Wall, Call to Arms
- Homunculus with Um Rune
- Shako with perfect topaz
- Skin of the Vipermagi with Shael Rune
- A Crafted Amulet with 15% Faster Cast Rate and +2 Necromancer skills
- Faster Cast Rate Rings with bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and resistances
- Arachnid Mesh
- Waterwalk: It’s better if you can find one with bonus life.
- Hellfire Torch
- Any charm that boosts your Poison and Bone Skills
Explosionmancer Build Stats
Strength: The minimum number of points you will need is 38 for equipping at least a Large Shield with 3 sockets and a Ghost Armor.
Dexterity: Keep it at the base value. Your weapon doesn’t require Dexterity points.
Vitality: Spend the majority of your points here in order not to face issues surviving in higher difficulties.
Energy: This depends on your preference and the playstyle of your party. Some players spend some points here while some others cover their mana issues with potions and items that boost their mana pool.
Avoid hiring cold-based Mercenaries because they shatter the enemies’ corpses. Thus, you won’t be able to cast Corpse Explosion on them. A great option is an Act 2 Desert Mercenary. It can make corpses for the Explosionmancer and serve as a tank too.