The Meteorb Sorceress build relies on the Frozen Orb and Meteor spells.
In comparison to other Sorceress builds, it may have a lower damage output, but it has the advantage of utilizing two different elements, Fire and Cold. So it can survive in Hell mode against monsters with elemental immunities, without the help of the teammates. The Sorc builds that focus on only one elemental have a hard time versus these kind of enemies.
Despite being one of the most powerful builds (for PvE mostly), it requires a lot of practice to utilize its full potential. That’s because Frozen Orb can miss targets if you don’t aim properly and Meteor has a delay before it hits.
In order to cover this weakness, this build uses as a back up the Fireball spell too. Meteor and Fireball have almost identical synergies, so they are very useful on Meteorb Sorceress.
Meteorb Sorceress Skills
Since it focuses on two different skill trees, Meteorb build doesn’t have the luxury of spending points to utility skills, such as Energy Shield.
Maximizing Meteor’s damage requires upgrading Fire Mastery, Fireball, Fire Bolt (not maxed) and Meteor. Other prerequisites that need only a point is Warmth, Fire Wall, Blaze and Inferno (81 points total).
Maximizing Frozen Orb requires investing points in Ice Blast, Ice Bolt, Frost Nova, Glacial Spike, and Blizzard. You should place a point in Cold Mastery also (total 26 points).
Your Lightning Tree needs only 3 points, one of each of the following skills: Telekinesis, Teleport and Static Field.
Meteorb Sorceress Stats
Your Strength needs about 156 points or lower, just enough for equipping the proper gear.
Don’t place any points to Dexterity unless you want to utilize block. We don’t recommend it though.
Your Vitality should have more than 200 points as it is your lifeblood.
Most players keep Energy at the base too, as you can gain more mana from your items.
Since the build specializes in two different elements, it’s harder to equip compared to other builds of the class. Mostly you would search for items that grants + to all skills. However, you can favor one main skill (Meteor or Frozen Orb) over the other one. Below there is an indicative gear, but it’s not the only way.
- The Oculus
- Heart of the Oak (Ko+Vex+Pul+Thul Runeword)
- Death’s Fathom: For boosting your Cold Damage.
- Eschuta’s Temper: For boosting your Lightning and Fire Damage.
- Switch: Call to Arms (for using Barbarian’s Warcries)
- Harlequin Crest
- Nightwing’s Veil
- Crown of Ages: It requires many points to Strength though.
- Chains of Honor (Dol+Um+Ber+Ist Runeword)
- Ormus’s Robes: It increases the damage of all three elements.
- Enigma(Jah+Ith+Ber Runeword): Use it only if you need Strength points.
- Arkaine’s Valor
- Tal Rasha’s Guardianship
- Sanctuary(Ko+Ko+Mal Runeword)
- Moser’s Blessed Circle
- Gerke’s Sanctuary
- Arachnid Mesh: It’s the best option for casters
- Verdungo’s Hearty Cord
- Sandstorm Trek: It’s better to sue the Ethereal version
- War Traveler
- Stone of Jordan
- Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band
- Raven Frost
- Dwarf Star: If you need Damage absorb
- Tal Rasha’s Adjudication
- Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Magic Finding Equipment
The items listed below will grant you a high amount of Magic Finding ability without sacrificing a lot of your killing and survival ability.
- The Oculus: With an Ist Rune
- Blade of Ali Baba: With 2 Ists Runes
- A 6-Socketed Weapon with 6 Ists Runes
- Rhyme(Shael+Eth Runeword)
- Splendor(Eth+Lum Runeword)
- A 4-socketed shield with Ists Runes
- Harlequin Crest: with a Perfect Topaz
- Tarnhelm: with a Perfect Topaz
- Any Rare Magic Find helm
- Tal Rasha’s Guardianship: 3 pieces will boost your Magic Find chance
- Skullder’s Ire: With Ist Rune or a Perfect Topaz
- Chance Guards
- Any Rare Magic Find gloves
- Tal Rasha’s Adjudication
- Any Rare Magic Find Rings
- Tal Rasha’s Fine-Spun Cloth
- War Traveler
- Any Rare Magic Finding boots
Your Mercenary should function as a solid tank Act 2 & Act 5 mercenaries fulfill better this purpose. For instance, an Act 2 Nightmare difficulty defense mercenary with Holy Freeze Aura is a great choice.