This Sorceress build is based on one skill and that is Frozen Orb. With the proper gear, the build is good for both PvE (player versus Environment) and PvP. Also, it’s decent for MF (Magic Find), because the Frozen Orb spell is effective versus large teams of monsters.
The main weakness of this build’s type is Cold immunity. However, a good Mercenary (Act 2) can really help you with this problem.
Regarding the PvP playstyle, the aim is to ‘hit and run’. You should Teleport as quickly as possible while attacking your enemies with the Frozen Orb.
As for PvE, the main strategy is to hide always behind your mercenary and attacking the targets with the Orb. If the enemies are immune to cold, you have to spam Static Field against them.
Frozen Orb Sorceress Skills
As the name of the build indicates, you have to max out the Frozen Orb spell and also Ice Bolt and Cold Mastery.
Ice Bolt is the only skill that grants Frozen Orb additional damage.
Without the aid of Cold Mastery, you couldn’t lower much of your enemies’ life bar, no matter how great your damage is.This is applicable to both PvP and PvE.
In addition, you should place just 1 point to all Ice Armors, i.e. Frozen Armor, Shiver Armor and Chilling Armor.
Teleport is a must for both PvE and PvP, but it needs only 1 point.
For the times when you’re surrounded by monsters immune to cold, the Static Field spell (-25% of the target’s current health) can save your life, while assisting your mercenary. It’s also useful for weakening quickly the enemy bosses below the half of their health. It also needs only 1 point.
Your primary tool of survivability is Energy Shield. It is essential while teleporting around the field and when Magic Finding. The Shield needs the rest of your skillpoints.
Frozen Orb Sorceress Stats
You should have just enough Strength to wear the proper gear. We recommend to already having the gear before you start playing with this build.
The majority of Sorceress’s players don’t invest in Dexterity, as they rarely need to block. In hardcore mode though, a few players go for a higher block rate.
As for your Vitality, it demands a lot of points.
Regarding the Energy, many players put none points in it. On the other hand, some others put just a little fewer points than their Vitality, because the Energy Shield is the only defensive spell of the build.
Frozen Orb Sorceress Equipment
- The Oculus
- Heart of the Oak (Ko+Vex+Pul+Thul Runeword)
- Death’s Fathom: For boosting your Cold Damage.
- Eschuta’s Temper: For boosting your Lightning and Fire Damage.
- Switch: Call to Arms (for using Barbarian’s Warcries)
- Harlequin Crest
- Nightwing’s Veil
- Crown of Ages: It requires many points to Strength though.
- Chains of Honor (Dol+Um+Ber+Ist Runeword)
- Ormus’s Robes: It increases the damage of all three elements.
- Enigma(Jah+Ith+Ber Runeword): Use it only if you need Strength points.
- Arkaine’s Valor
- Tal Rasha’s Guardianship
- Sanctuary(Ko+Ko+Mal Runeword)
- Moser’s Blessed Circle
- Gerke’s Sanctuary
- Arachnid Mesh: It’s the best option for casters
- Verdungo’s Hearty Cord
- Sandstorm Trek: It’s better to sue the Ethereal version
- War Traveler
- Stone of Jordan
- Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band
- Raven Frost
- Dwarf Star: If you need Damage absorb
- Tal Rasha’s Adjudication
- Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Magic Finding Equipment
The items listed below will grant you a high amount of Magic Finding ability without sacrificing a lot of your killing and survival ability.
- The Oculus: With an Ist Rune
- Blade of Ali Baba: With 2 Ists Runes
- A 6-Socketed Weapon with 6 Ists Runes
- Rhyme(Shael+Eth Runeword)
- Splendor(Eth+Lum Runeword)
- A 4-socketed shield with Ists Runes
- Harlequin Crest: with a Perfect Topaz
- Tarnhelm: with a Perfect Topaz
- Any Rare Magic Find helm
- Tal Rasha’s Guardianship: 3 pieces will boost your Magic Find chance
- Skullder’s Ire: With Ist Rune or a Perfect Topaz
- Chance Guards
- Any Rare Magic Find gloves
- Tal Rasha’s Adjudication
- Any Rare Magic Find Rings
- Tal Rasha’s Fine-Spun Cloth
- War Traveler
- Any Rare Magic Finding boots