The Dragoon Barbarian build, also known as Flying Booyaka, Leaper or Leap Attack Barb is a type of Barbarian build that relies on Leap and Leap Attack skills.
- It’s a unique and effective build when fighting versus monsters.
- It can ignore chill and slow effects from Cold attacks, as long as the attack isn’t made while stationary.
- It can avoid incoming missiles while jumping.
- It’s too slow for being effective in PvP fights.
Dragoon Build Skills
Invest 20 points in your main skills:
- Leap Attack: It’s your main skill. It can avoid damage from missiles (while airborne) and ignore chill effects.
- Leap: It’s the Leap Attack’s synergy. While it’s not as effective as Leap Attack, it provides Crowd Control knocking back your opponents when you land.
- Battle Orders: Every Barbarian build should max out this skill, as it’s a great buff for the entire party.
- Weapon Mastery: It greatly increases your attack rating, damage, and critical strike chance.
Other skills that need at least 1 point:
- Bash: It’s a prerequisite for other skills.
- Stun: It also serves as a prerequisite for other skills.
- Concentrate: Spend one point as a prerequisite for other skills. You can use it when you’re low on mana as well.
- Berserk: One point is enough in order to deal with physical immune monsters. You can invest additional points for increased damage, but you can’t leech life because the damage is magical. In addition, your defense drops to zero.
- Howl: It’s a prerequisite for other skills and a tool for controlling crowds.
- Taunt: It forces even the ranged enemies to attack you in melee. Also, it’s a prerequisite.
- Shout: Spend one point here. If you have issues regarding your defense, don’t hesitate to add more points.
- Battle Cry: Place a point here as it’s a useful debuff, especially for killing Bosses.
- Battle Command: Spend just a point here to increase all party members’ skills by 1.
- Find Potion: Place a point as a prerequisite. It’s optional though.
- Find Item: Spend a point as a prerequisite if you want to unlock the Grim Ward. You can also search champion and unique monster for loot.
- Grim Ward: This skill has some tactical advantages, but it’s not mandatory.
- Iron Skin: Place a point to increase your Defense.
- Natural Resistance: Spend no more than 3 points for increasing your resistances.
- Increased Stamina: If you want to unlock Increased Speed, place a point here.
- Increased Speed: Even a point it’s useful for traveling long distances.
Dragoon Build Stats
Strength: You should have enough Strength in order to equip your endgame gear.
Dexterity: Go for max block if you’re going to use a shield. Otherwise, spend enough points to equip your weapons.
Vitality: It’s your main trait, so invest the majority of your points in your life pool.
Energy: Keep it at the base value. It will be hard in the early stages of the game, but on higher levels, you shouldn’t face any problems except Monster with Mana Burn skill. You can use plenty of mana potions and place perfect sapphires in your helm and armor. Further, the Berserk and Concentrate skills will help you until the Leap Attack is usable all the time. Another option is to use an Insight weapon or an Act 2 mercenary.
Dragoon Barbarian Items
- Breath of the Dying
- Bonesnap or a high Steeldriver.
- Breath of the Dying
- Last Wish
- Bloodtree Stump: It’s a cheaper alternative.
- Tiamat’s Rebuke: If it’s upgraded to a Monarch.
- The Ward: You can upgrade it a Perfect Diamond if you have issues with your resistances.
- Arreat’s Face: It’s the best choice.
- Harlequin Crest: For the +2 all skills and Magic Find bonus.
- Rockstopper: Physical damage reduction and additional resistances.
- Guillaume’s Face: If you want more crushing blow.
- Crown of Ages: This item is popular for many reasons.
- Chains of Honor: +65 all resistances, +2 all skills.
- Enigma: Skills boost, Magic Find, Teleport
- Leviathan: Physical Damage Reduction.
- Fortitude: For 300% enhanced damage.
- Duriel’s Shell: Cannot be Frozen effect, resistance bonuses, and life bonus.
- Duress: A cheaper choice with crushing blow, cold damage, open wounds, and resistances.
- Arachnid Mesh: The only belt that boosts your skills. Also, it slows down the enemies.
- Verdungo’s Hearty Cord: Vitality Bonus, Faster Hit Recovery, physical damage reduction.
- String of Ears: Vitality Bonus and Life Leech.
- Death’s Guard: It’s easy to find and grant you the Cannot be Frozen
- Steelrend: For enhanced damage.
- Laying of Hands: For +350% damage against demons and fire resist.
- Dracul’s Grasp: Life Tap.
- Soul Drainer: Dual leeching and lowering monster’s defense.
- Gore Rider: The big brother of Goblin Toe.
- War Travelers: The best choice for magic find.
- Mara’s Kaleidoscope: +2 skills and bonus to all resistances.
- Crescent Moon: Dual Leeching.
- The Eye of Etlich: +1 to all skills.
- Magic/Rare Amulets with +skills or resistances.
- Raven Frost: Cannot be Frozen is an essential effect for any melee character.
- Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band: It boosts skills and life points.
- Manald Heal: You can consider this item if you have mana issues.
Also, this build can benefit from a variety of Sets such as:
- Immortal King
- Orphan’s Call
- Bul Kathos’ Children
- The Disciple