In contrast with the majority of the Barbarian builds, the Conc Barb focus mainly on his defensive skills rather than dealing massive amounts of damage.
- The high defense allows the Conc Barb to act as a very durable tank in every kind of party.
- His Warcries serve as great buffs for him and his allies.
- A safe choice for Hardcore mode, thanks to his sustainability.
- The build doesn’t have a large damage output
- It’s weak versus large groups of monsters with physical immunity. However, the Berserk skill can change the tide.
Concentrator Build Skills
Your primary skills that you should max out (20 points) are:
These skills should have a 20 point investment:
- Concentrate: This skill indicates the name of the build. It attacks an enemy and raises your defense at the same time.
- Battle Orders: Max out this buff for its synergy and the ability to boost yours and your party life and mana.
- Bash: It knockback the enemies and also provide synergy to Concentrate.
- Weapon Mastery: Although the defense is the main trait of the build, Masteries provide critical strike chance, attack, and damage.
Other skills and prerequisites that you should invest at least 1 point are:
- Berserk: It’s a synergy skill for Concentrate. It also helps you fight monsters with physical immunity, converting your damage to magical. It’s useful in PvP against Necromancers’ Iron Maiden too. However, your defense drops to 0 for a short duration. Some players choose to invest a lot of points in Berserk because it provides magic damage to Concentrate passively, so you don’t have to switch skills for killing physical immune enemies.
- Howl: It’s a prerequisite for Battle Orders and a helpful Crowd Control too as well. Invest just 1 point here.
- Shout: It boosts your entire party’s defense and also a prerequisite for Battle Orders.
- Stun: It serves as a prerequisite for Concentrate and as a crowd control skill as it stuns enemies.
Optional skills that you can consider for placing your remaining points:
- Iron Skin: It’s a Passive skill that boosts your defense. It has a linear progression.
- Natural Resistance: It increases your resistances passively. You shouldn’t invest more than 2 points here due to diminishing returns.
- Battle Command: It increases your entire party’s skill levels by 1 point. Additional points affect only the duration of the skill, so invest just a point here.
- Increased Stamina: It’s a prerequisite for the Increased Speed skill.
- Increased Speed: An optional skill that is really helpful for traveling across the map.
- Taunt: A prerequisite for Battle Cry and War Cry. It causes monsters to attack your character in melee, including the non-unique ranged enemies as well.
- Battle Cry: It reduces enemies attack damage and resistances. In addition, it’s a useful tool for fighting versus Bosses.
Concentrator Build Items
- Breath of the Dying
- Breath of the Dying
- Arreat’s Face: It’s the best option for his builds as it offers +2 All Skills, Resistances, Life Steal, and additional Attack Rating.
- Guillaume’s Face: For Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike.
- Crown of Ages
- Vampire Gaze
- Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest
- Fortitude: For 300% Enhanced Damage, Resistances and Faster Cast Rate
- Chains of Honor: For additional Damage,+2 all skills and resistances.
- Duress: For enhanced damage, Open Wounds, Crushing Blow and Resistances.
- Nosferatu’s Coil: For Increased attack speed, life leech and slowing enemies.
- String of Ears: For life leech and Physical damage reduction.
- Arachnid Mesh: It slows enemies down, +1 to all skills, and mana related skills.
- Steelrend: For Crushing Blow and enhanced damage.
- Laying of Hands: For 350% damage vs. Demons.
- Dracul’s Grasp: For Open Wounds and Massive life leech.
- Soul Drainer: For Dual leeching and Lowering Monster Defense.
- Gore Rider: It combines the Open Wounds, Deadly Strike, and Crushing Blow effects.
- War Traveler: Stats, Damage, and Magic Find bonuses.
- Highlord’s Wrath: Deadly Strike, +1 All Skills, and Increased Attack Speed.
- Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band: +1 to all skills additional life.
- Raven Frost: Cannot be frozen
Concentrator Build Stats
Strength: You shouldn’t invest more points here than your proper gear requires.
Dexterity: Invest enough points to be able to equip your items. If you want to use a shield, invest more points to reach max block.
Vitality: Spend a lot of points here, as the Barbarian gains more health per point in Vitality than the other classes. Your high defense in combination with a high life pool results in a very durable build.
Energy: The Concentrate has a low mana cost, so you won’t face any mana problems. Don’t invest any points here.