The Ultimancer (or Amplify Damage Necro) is a special kind of Necromancer build. It takes advantage of a specific combo that is often referred to as the Ultimate Combo. Using this combination of skills, an Ultimancer can slay the toughest monsters within seconds, especially in Hell mode.
In order to perform the Ultimate Combo, you will need the help of your summons and your mercenary. Your minion will act as tanks to distract the enemies while keeping you alive. Your hireling will deal most damage until the first corpse is produced. Then you can cast Corpse Explosion on corpses until all enemies are down.
To perform the Ultimate Combo follow the steps below:
- Cast Attract on a monster, so the enemies will start attacking If you can find an item with teleportation charges, it can help you very much.
- Cast Amplify Damage. Soon, with the help of your mercenary, you’ll have the first corpse. If you wish to kill bosses faster, summon an Iron Golem using an item with Crushing Blow effect.
- Now you can cast Corpse Explosion. Then, more corpses will appear and you can cast it again until every enemy is dead. The combo shouldn’t take you more than a few seconds.
Ultimancer Build Skills
The primary skills of the build you need to max out are:
- Raise Skeleton: 20 points
- Skeleton Mastery: 20 points. You’ll need durable skeletons to protect you from dying.
- Corpse Explosion: 20 points. This is your primary source of damage.
- Amplify Damage: Max out this curse for a maximum radius and very long duration.
You have to place a point into the following skills as well:
- 1 point for each Curse From Curses Skill tree
- Raise Skeletal Mage
- Golem Mastery
- Summon Resist
- Clay Golem
- Iron Golem
- Blood Golem
- Fire Golem
Spend the rest of your points on Dim Vision, Golem Mastery or any skill of your preference.
Ultimancer Build Stats
There is a version of the build that invests points only in Vitality and equips low-level items in combination with resistances charms.
Some players follow the same path for stats as the Summonmancer:
Strength: Spend a few points so you can equip your strongest items.
Dexterity: Invest points unlit you have max block while using the Homunculus.
Vitality: Spend every point left in your life pool. It’s important to sustain some damage until you perform the full combo.
Energy: Don’t waste even a single point in your mana pool
For being able to effectively cast your Ultimate Combo, you will need an Act 2 Nightmare offensive mercenary. The Might Aura will help your team slay the first enemy and then maximize your damage.
Your hireling’s gear:
- Guillaume’s Face, socketed with 15% IAS Jewel
- Hone Sundan, socketed with 1 Amn Rune and 2 Shael Runes